Graf von Faber-Castell Classic Snakewood Fountain
145730Regular price $775.00
Shipping calculated at checkout.
In honour of the foundation date of the Faber-Castell company in 1761, this exclusive edition is limited to 1,761 pieces per writing instrument. The edition is engraved on the clip ring of fountain pens, roller ball pens, propelling pencils, and ballpoint pens.
- Barrel made from reddish-brown veined snakewood
- Cartridge/ converter system
- Hand-made bicoloured 18-carat gold nib with iridium tip
- Nib manufactured involving over a hundred steps mostly carried out by hand
- Each nib is "run in" by hand
- Available nib widths are M (medium), F (fine), EF (extra fine) and B (broad)
The special grain to which the reddish-brown veined snakewood owes its name is a magical feature – this wood is among the most expensive in the world and is especially prized in instrument making and exclusive works of art.